Mini road roller Rolling Skills
Whether going uphill or downhill, the bottom layer of the asphalt mixture must be clean and dry, and the asphalt binding layer must be sprayed to prevent the mixture from slipping during rolling.
Whether rolling uphill or downhill, the drive wheels of the roller should be behind. This has the following advantages: when going uphill, the rear drive wheel can bear the driving force provided by the ramp and the machine itself, while the front wheel performs preliminary compaction on the road surface to withstand the larger shear force generated by the drive wheel ; When going downhill, the impact force generated by the self-weight of the mini road roller is offset by the braking of the driving wheel. Only the mixture rolled by the front wheel has the ability to support the rear driving wheel to generate shearing force.
When rolling uphill, the roller should start, stop and accelerate smoothly to avoid too high or too low speed.
Before the uphill rolling, the mixture should be cooled to the specified lower limit temperature, and then static pre-compression should be carried out. When the mixture temperature drops to the lower limit (120°C), vibration compaction should be adopted.
Rolling downhill should avoid sudden shifting and braking.
When rolling downhill on steep slopes, a mini road roller should be used first for pre-compaction, and then a heavy-duty or mini road roller should be used for compaction.
Mini road roller operating procedures
- During operation, the mini road roller should start first before it can start to vibrate. The internal combustion engine should be at medium speed first, and then adjust to high speed.
- Stop the engine first when shifting and reversing, and reduce the speed of the internal combustion engine when shifting.
- It is strictly forbidden for the roller to vibrate on a solid ground.
- When rolling the soft roadbed, it should be rolled 1-2 times without vibration, and then vibrated and rolled.
- When rolling, the vibration frequency should be consistent. For mini road roller that can be adjusted for you, the vibration frequency should be adjusted before operation, and the vibration frequency should not be adjusted without vibration.
- The adjustment of the reversing clutch, the shock clutch and the brake should be carried out after the main clutch is disengaged.
- Do not use fast gear when going up or downhill. During sharp turns, including the articulated mini road roller rolling around in small turns, it is strictly forbidden to use fast gear.
- The roller must not engage vibration when driving at high speed.
- When stopping, stop the vibration first, then put the reversing mechanism in the middle position, the transmission in neutral, and finally pull up the handbrake lever, and the internal combustion engine will turn off after idling for a few minutes.
- Other operating requirements should comply with the regulations of static pressure rollers.